If you want the answer to these questions then you have to answer another question first. Why do you need to know that?
If you find yourself wondering these questions then there are only two possible scenarios.
#1 You want to get back with your ex
If you want to get back with your ex, then you have to understand that all the questions that come in your mind are not going to help you win them back. Questions such as
Is My Ex Thinking About Me?
Is My Ex Over Me?
Does My Ex Miss Me?
Do I still matter to my ex?
These questions are just going to stop you from getting back together. How? Well, for starters they are just going to stop you from concentrating on yourself. The more you think about your ex, the less you are thinking about yourself and what is best for you. If you haven’t read The Unbreakup Guide, you should read it right away, it works and it works great. The second step, which is the most important part of getting back together, is staying away from your ex and concentrating on yourself.
But nonetheless, these questions are just going to come in your mind. The fact is, your mind and your thoughts are not in your control. If you find yourself asking these questions and constantly wondering whether or not your ex misses you, you need to calm down and find a way to distract yourself.
As for the answers to these questions
Yes, your ex is thinking about you.
No, your ex is not over you.
Yes, your ex misses you.
Yes, you still matter to your ex.
If you two were in a meaningful relationship, then I can guarantee that your ex is still not over you and you are still in their mind more often than you think. But, it also depends on how long have you been broken up. If you two have been separated for a while (one or two years) then chances are they might have moved on. But if it hasn’t been a lot of time, you can rest assured that you are still on your ex’s mind. They are trying to move on and they just might eventually. But, even if they do, it doesn’t mean you can’t get back together. You will get a chance to get back together if you make your move at the right time and the right place.
#2 You don’t want to get back together but you are still curious.
Even if you are the one who broke up and you have absolutely no intentions of getting back together, these thoughts are going to come in your mind. After all, a breakup is a big deal, and you are bound to be curious how the other person is doing after the breakup.
In this situation, it’s best to first take a look inside yourself and see how you are doing. You are still clearly thinking about your ex. And that means that you have not truly moved on. Instead of concentrating on whether or not your ex has moved on, you should be concentrating on moving on yourself. Doesn’t it make sense?
The fact is exes think about each other no matter what, even if they decide to move on and even if they secretly want to get back together. The only way to stop thinking about whether or not your ex still loves you is to try to get through the breakup pain as fast as you can. You will be thinking about your ex and you will be wondering whether your ex is thinking about you. But in the end, you will know when you have stopped obsessing and started living your life.
Regardless, there are always some signs which you can use to find out whether or not your ex is thinking about you. Here are some of them.
1. Check their Facebook or twitter. If you find some love songs or some sad breakups songs. Then they are probably thinking about you. If they are doing something on Facebook which is out of the usual (like posting too many pictures which they usually don’t) then they might just be playing the Facebook game trying to make you think they are doing great. That again means that they are thinking about you.
2. Your ex might be asking about you through your common friends. If they are, you are going to find out sooner or later. Information like this spreads like wildfire amongst a group of friends.
3. Did they bump into you “accidentally”? Is it happening a lot? Chances are, it wasn’t an accident but a carefully crafted act of stalking. Your ex wanted to see you and they planned these “accidents” just to take a look at how you are doing.
4. If you are in contact with your ex and they try to hide their dating life from you, then they are probably still not over you and are still in love with you.
5. And last but not the least, if your ex calls you frequently, then they are definitely not ready to move on. It means that you are constantly on their mind and they can’t wrap their head around the fact that you two broke up.
In the end, whether or not you want to get back together, obsessing over what your ex is thinking or doing is just going to hurt your progress. Instead of stalking and trying to find out what your ex is thinking, concentrate your efforts on trying to ignore these obsessive thoughts and building your life again.